Southern Girl

Wednesday, July 27, 2011

Symptoms


Get your melons!  It seemed like out of nowhere these big breasts showed up on my body.  At first I thought, "ok, I could get use to this."  But then they just kept expanding.  My mom even asked me "where did you get those?"  I thought to myself, "at the market?"  I would put on a bra and it looked like I had 4 boobs because they were popping out all over the place.  They definitely were too much for my bra to handle.  My cup runneth over.

Morning sickness anyone?  Evidently my body couldn't tell time because it didn't matter what time of day it was, if it wanted to vomit, we were vomiting.  I tried to thwart the nausea and vomiting by not allowing my body to get too hungry.  For "normal" people, aka people with 2 working legs, this wouldn't be a problem just go to the kitchen and get some food.  Well if people don't understand the inconvenience of 2 crutches, let me ask you to carry a glass of water to your living room without using your hands.  So needless to say I relied on Randy a lot.  As supportive and caring as my dear husband was, he just didn't get it.  He tried very hard to help me but there were a few times when he didn't quite understand that when I said "I am hungry.  Can I have some food?"  meant not in 30 minutes.  It meant I need food NOW (demon voice)!  My food aversions didn't help either.  I could of vomited at the thought of eating meat, and healthy food like vegetables and fruits sounded equally unappealing.  So that left me with carbs and cheese. Yum!  Luckily the every day vomiting and nausea rollercoaster only lasted about 3 weeks.  I was very thankful for that!  But who arrived next?  Diarrhea.  Given the choice between vomiting, constipation, or diarrhea, I would choose diarrhea.  So I guess it was the lesser of the evils, and thankfully it only lasted 3 weeks as well.

Last but not least on this trail of fun is my bloated, fat stomach.  I don't think anyone ever said "in the beginning you will just feel out of shape and look bloated instead of pregnant."  Great, sign me up!  So I would look like an idiot in maternity clothes, not that I tried them on but I can only imagine.  However, in my regular clothes I just looked like I ate an entire pizza.  Ok, so I was actually guilty of that.  I didn't know if I should enjoy the non-maternity clothing time or look forward to the clothing that doesn't make you look like you just came from a buffet.  The jury is out.

2 comments:

  1. Just wait till your milk comes in, girl. You haven't seen anything yet!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. If it makes you feel any better, nausea is a good sign. It means that your pregnancy hormone BCG is increasing=healthy developing baby.

    ReplyDelete